Welcome to Sandra Scrap Creaties!

zondag 15 augustus 2010

Scrapfever Scrapkit challenge: Scrap your summer!

Scrapfever started a new challenge, in combination with their scrapkit which comes every three months. The first challenge was to scrap your summer with the kit. In the kit was the Indy Girl collection of Sassafras.
I made a mini-album, inspired by an article in a swedish scrapbookmagazine, called Scrapbooking m.m. I bought the magazine during my summerholiday in Sweden. This magazine is loaded with inspiration and great layouts. Unfortunately I can't order it online because they don't send to the Netherlands but I will find a way to get more issues in the future! I have some contacts...
The cover of the mini-album has been made of chipboard and 'bookcloth' (at least this is the translation of Google of the dutch word 'boekbinderslinnen'..). The album contains five pages, all made of cardstock and binded to the cover with some cord. Every page has an envelope which holds a big tag and an extra page. One page for each family member!
In the inside of the album I put five questions about our summer and the answers to these questions are on the pages of every family member.
Here it is:


The album is held together with a ribbon, which I bought in the hometown of the famous red swedish horse in Dalarna, Sweden. The blue rose on top is made with one of the papers in the kit, with the help of a six petal punch. (I think most of you have seen this technique somewhere...)
Because the album doesn't fall open completely it was hard to make good pictures of all the pages. Some needed a little help of Photoshop to bring some extra light in the picture...

There is a lot of handcutting in the album. I wrote down all the names on cardstock, cut them out by hand, matted the names on another piece of cardstock and cut these out again. I also cut out a lot of the flowers from the patterned paper and the little blue hearts. (On these tiny hearts I wrote the numbers of the questions.) I traced the shapes of the leaves from Buzz & Bloom (which were included in the kit) on the green patterned paper, cut these out and doodled some lines with my black marker.
The answers to the five questions can be found on the tags and on the pages:

(front)
(back)
I stamped the flowers, the butterflies and the flies with the stamps that were included in the kit and colored the images. I gave the butterflies and the flies a little extra dimension with Glossy Accents.
There are also a lot of handmade embellishments in the album. I was inspired by the new CHA-releases of Sassafras. Unfortunately I don't have punches in these shapes so it involved some extra handcutting to create the embellishments...
The whole project took about two weeks for me to create but I'm very satisfied with the final results.
I would love to hear what you think of it.
TFL!

Sandra

3 reacties:

Marjolijn van Elsberg zei

Sandra, ik sta helemaal paf!!! Wat een geweldig album is dat geworden, leuke vragen leuke foto's leuke embelli's Mooi gemaakt, ik ben errug nieuwsgierig hoe dit album in elkaar zit. Misschien kun je wat meer tips loslaten.

Ik kan me niet anders voorstellen dan dat je enorm genoten hebt avan het maken van dit album.Echt fantastisch!!!!
Groetjes Marjolijn.

Anoniem zei

Hi Sandra,

Al tijdje niet op je site geweest. Maar wat een mooie dingen heb je weer gemaakt. En lekkere vakantie gehad zo te zien.... en dat weer bundelen in zo'n prachtig albumpje.... TOP!!!!
Groet,

Donja

Sandra zei

Je weet dat ik gek ben op mini-albums en deze is echt helemaal top! Ook ik heb met veel plezier je albumpje digitaal doorgebladerd;)! Wat een leuke opmaak en heerlijke kleurtjes. Je hebt zo'n leuk gezinnetje dat het ook niet anders kan dat dit albumpje prachtig is geworden!

Groetjes,
Sandra

Een reactie posten