Welcome to Sandra Scrap Creaties!

zondag 11 april 2010

Workshop with Tracie Hudson!

I went to a workshop at Paper & Pictures yesterday, with Prima Marketing Educator Tracie Hudson. She is also in the DT of Prima and I love her work for Pencil Lines! So as soon as I saw she was teaching here in The Netherlands I knew I wanted go to one of her workshops. She was teaching two different classes, one about making a mini-album and one about making two layouts. I chose the layouts class. (Of course, I would have loved to do both but my scrap budget didn't allow me...unfortunately..)
It was my first workshop ever! I just never got to the point of going to a workshop before due to all sorts of reasons. But now I finally did...and I'm sure I will do it more!
I didn't make it to finish both layouts during the class...didn't want to either, because I didn't want to rush and create something that wasn't perfect in my eyes. I also wanted to enjoy the feeling of working with these gorgeous products a little bit longer! It doesn't happen to me a lot, having all these little treasures together at once at my dinner table!!! And to be able to work with these is only a bonus!!
So I finished both layouts this morning. This is the first one, about my endless love...my hubby and me:
Some details:

I used a Martha Stewart border punch on this one. I had never worked with these before, but now I love them! I bought one directly after the workshop...Now I understand why these border punches are so popular because the effects are really nice. Apparently I had to experience this first before I was convinced. (This happens to me a lot!)
The title words 'Special Moments' were already printed on the paper. I just traced them with a black marker to make the letters pop up some more.
The picture is matted on a piece of the packaging of the red flowers. Prima did some really good thinking about re-using the packaging here by printing some words on the plastic first!

Don't you just love all the gorgeous flowers? And how about those ribbons?
It must be forbidden to make these gorgeous products! How on earth am I gonna resist these the next time I'm in a scrapstore???!!!

Here is my second layout. I used a picture of my parents, on their weddingday, 45 years ago...which also explains the title..the year 1965.

And again..some details:

I love these 'swirls with pearls'. I cut one in pieces before I attached these under the flowers.
Did you notice the tiny green roses that Prima added to these wonderful swirls?

Between all those gorgeous products we got for this class was also a vine with flowers and lovely pink birds. I cut them of the vine and attached them on my layout, just like I did with some of the small flowers.
(Thanks so much for all the inspiration, Tracie!!!!)

I definitely got my paperscrap mojo back after all the digital scrapping I did last week!
I hope to show you some more with the scraps of my kit soon...

Sandra

7 reacties:

Sandra zei

OH, die bloemen, dat lint, die swirls!!! Wat een prachtige producten! Wat heb je er een mooie layouts mee gemaakt! Ik krijg meteen zin om zelf iets moois te gaan maken!

Groetjes,
Sandra

Eefje Bouweriks zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Eefje Bouweriks zei

heb ff mijn eerste berichtje aangepast hoor

Oh wat super, , wat een mooie dingen allemaal. Ik vind die swirls helemaal geweldig en heb je die nieuwe bloemtakjes ook gezien ? was twee weken geleden ook in doorn en toen was alles net binnen

En ik ook krijg meteen zin om iets te gaan maken.

Marjolijn van Elsberg zei

Zie je nou, ik had een berichtje geplaatst maar kreeg het niet verzonden, en inderdaad het staat er dus niet. Dus nog maar een keer, Ik vind ze supermooi en het lijkt me heerlijk om in die snoepwinkel te mogen scrpappen en shoppen, een beeetje te uit de buurt voor mij maar die primadingen, jeetje, gaaf hoor!!! Mooie lay outs heb je er mee gemaakt, ik vind die van je ouders wel een heel andere stijl van jou, mooi hoor!

Groetjes Marjolijn.

Astrid Zwaan zei

Echt super layouts Sandra, ik ben echt jaloers op je dat jij haar in leven de lijve heb ontmoet!!!!

wendela zei

super mooi Sandra!! kan bijna niet missen met al die mooie Prima spullen! je hebt er echt iets moois van gemaakt.

Scrappiness zei

Wauw prachtige dingen heb je gemaakt zeg en fantastisch dat je met deze nieuwe spulletjes kon werken. Volgende workshop al geboekt? ;) :)

Een reactie posten