The page I'm showing you right now is one I am very proud of. I'm so happy how it turned out! When I started I had some rough lines in my head about how it should be and I hoped the details would come while working on it. And they did!
First I want to show you my newest treasure. I was on my way to the store to buy some white paintmarkers and sort of bumped into a flea market. And there I found this:
Costs: 1,50 euro !
This is the inside. It is an old storybook:
Thanks to Julie's tip about taping a few pages together to create an art journal out of an old notebook, I started taping:
And of course...a lot of gesso!
And thanks to my sweet mother in law I got some great magazines to try the collage technique again.
This is what I cut out:
(This picture was taken at about 10pm...sorry for the reflection of the flash..)
This time I didn't forget to paint the background!
I started with fresh green. Than I scraped some yellow on the page with a creditcard.
After that, I used some sequin waste as a mask for the white dots.
I glued the images down and added some extra details with paint. Don't you love the painted sun glasses?
And how fun is this: the 'hat' of the doll on the left is a picture of a handbag!
I also outlined the images with black paint.
I added some yellow dots, outlined some of the white dots and also added some.
I wrote down the title which was in my head since I started this page.( I got the inspiration for the title and the journaling from an article in a dutch magazine.) I thought it would be a perfect title to start my art journal!
And as I promised you in my previous blogpost: journaling!
Lots of journaling!
The journaling is in dutch. I quoted the lines from the article which spoke to me the most.
I will try to translate it a little:
The art of Good Enough.
Life isn't a game.
Why do we get tempted so often to do more, better, funnier, cleaner, more beautiful?
The art of good enough is also the art of stopping with comparing.
Let go of perfectionism.
A little bit less is also ok.
Imperfection is the key to more peace in your life.
I hope you can see the influence here of Teesha Moore's art.
I love the different lettering in the journaling...but there are much more possibilities for lettering. I just read Julie's latest blogpost. It is all about hand lettering for your art journal! Read more about it here.
TFL!
Sandra

11 reacties:
Totally awesome! I love it!
I love That writing you did in to this page..and those ladies are so cool...so awesome page...
Hugs,
Mirja from Finland
Nou ja zeg, je gaat echt als een speer en ik vind het gewoonweg fantastisch.
Heel gaaf sandra, mooie teksten ook!
just quoted your journaling on my facebook status, that's so true!!!!!!!
This page it's so fun and full of life!! Thanks for sharing all steps!
Je gaat inderdaad als een speer! Wat een geweldige uitwerking weer! En je journaling is helemaal te gek! Echt heel gaaf geworden, Sandra!
Groetjes,
Sandra
SUPERGaaf geworden.......
Donja
Dit ziet er echt schitterend uit!
Tjeemig, deze heb ik helemaal gemist... Echt geweldig en ook zo leuk dat je er een stap voor stap beschrijving bij hebt gedaan.
Heel origineel, kleurig en creatief. Petje af!
love it. I borrowed your interpretation of the quote to finish a page in my journal. It is a message I need if I am *ever* going to finish ANY page in my journal. Ha. Thank you!
totally awsome!! The quote and your page!!! WOW!
Een reactie posten