Welcome to Sandra Scrap Creaties!

maandag 6 december 2010

A Christmas card

Julie Fei-Fan Balzer is having a Holidays Handmade week this week, loaded with all sorts of projects for the holidays.

As some of you may know I'm not really a fan of Christmas...I'm more into 'Sinterklaas'...(The dutch readers will know what I mean. For my international readers: 'Sinterklaas' looks a little bit like Santa and is also giving away presents, only in the beginning of December. He rides a white horse and has a lot of helpers, his so called Black Knights. It's a typical dutch and belgian tradition.)
Anyway, I may not be looking forward to Christmas like the rest of the world, I like all things crafty! On the first day of Holidays Handmade (with four tutorials!!!!) I was inspired by the first one: the altered frame.
Only I didn't have a frame-to-be-altered in my supplies....
So I decided to use this technique on some chipboard stars:
I attached the three stars on top of eachother: 
Added the glue to create some texture. (I love this technique because I don't own an embossing machine!)

After the layers of gesso, gold and black acrylic paint I had my altered star. (Sorry, no picture..)
I decided to create a Christmas card with it:

I'm 100% satisfied about how the star turned out. Since I'm not a cardmaker I'm not completely satisfied about the card itself. But I loved using this technique!
Today is day two of Holidays Handmade...I can't wait!

TFL!
Sandra

4 reacties:

Jenneke zei

Sandra, bedankt voor je tip!!! Ga meteen even op haar site kijken!!
Vind je ster hartstikke mooi geworden! Ik ben, net als jij, geen fan van Kerst! Doe er ook niets aan, geen versiering, geen kaarten, geen speciaal eten, niks. Ik geloof dat we behoorlijk in de minderheid zijn, hè? Lol.
Heb je maar eens bij m'n favorieten gezet, er is altijd zoveel leuks te zien hier!

Wens je fijne week!

XXXJenneke

milkcan zei

Totally awesome! I love it!

Sandra zei

Ik vind deze ster super! Het lijkt mij ook ontzettend leuk om te maken. Je hebt er echt weer iets bijzonders van gemaakt! Kan je niet wat inspiratie mijn kant opsturen;)?

Marlies zei

Prachtig! Mooie kaart ook trouwens, hoor!

Een reactie posten