Welcome to Sandra Scrap Creaties!

zondag 12 december 2010

January Daily?

I started a new project...a big one! You will all know about the December Daily albums, which are so popular right now. An album you make before December starts and in which you can write all your memories, counting down to Christmas, starting on the 1st of December. You just have to do the journaling and add some pictures in December. Very handy in a month loaded with time consuming activities!
I won't say that I hate December, it's just not my favorite month...I'm more looking forward to the start of a new year instead! Mostly I have loads of refreshed energy in January, when the days are getting longer, although slowly and everything is back to normal. I love the promise of a new year, with all it's new possibilities!
So, why not start a January Daily, I thought?
I was very..and I mean VERY MUCH inspired by Ingrid Dijkers. (She lives in the States, but her roots are dutch. Yeah!) She makes great art work, full of colour and she knows how to journal! Seeing her album 'Over the edge' made me want to make something like that too!!
So I started collecting packaging of pizza (instead of the frequently used cereal boxes, because I don't eat cereal..lol), cardboard boxes and other cardboard. I cut them all in one size (16x20cm). I cut some of the edges in shapes already and other pages will get a special edge later in the proces. For the cover and the back I used an old childrensbook. (I used the pages of this book to create the little houses in my art journal page in my previous blogpost!)
This is what it looks like now:
(In case you are wondering why the cover is upside down...I punched the holes in the wrong place the first time! So I turned it around and gave it another try...lol!)
I have to buy some new, bigger!, binding rings, but for now these will do...




As you can see...still lots of work to be done!
I'm not sure if I will finish it in time..before January..but at least I can give it a try.

TFL!
Sandra


3 reacties:

Margot zei

wat een gaaf idee!!!!!!

Jenneke zei

Wat een leuk idee, Sandra! Ja, ik vind die DD's allemaal heel erg gaaf om te zien maar je weet het, he...ook ik ben geen fan van December dus aan mij is zo'n 'dagboek' niet besteed. Misschien dat ik het ook eens voor een andere maand ga proberen, juli of zo..
Wens je succes met je JD!

XXXJenneke

Sandra zei

Je weet wat ze zeggen... Een goed begin is... En dat heb jij zeker gedaan! Het ziet er nu al heel spannend en vooral veelbelovend uit! Wat een leuke vormen allemaal! Heel erg leuk hoor!

Groetjes,
Sandra

Een reactie posten