As the holidays begin to settle in, this time of year always brings up unique emotions for each of us. Whether they be happy and joy-filled or memories that bring sorrow and grief. Maybe there is a mixture of both! For our first challenge prompt in December, we want you to process your holiday memories through a layout and focus on your journaling. I realize that this may come very difficult to some and that is why this site exists. To challenge you and to allow to "go there".
To be honest..I'm not into Christmas at all! I like the beginning of December, when we celebrate the typical dutch tradition on the 5th: the birthday of 'Sinterklaas' (the dutch Santa). After that day everybody is getting ready for Christmas. Sometimes I feel if complete neighbourhoods have a contest for the best (read: over the top!) decorated house. People are shopping all the time to buy the most expensive christmaspresents, preparing for the best christmas dinner. Finally the home made Christmas cards can be sent. (I still don't understand these cardmakers, which start in July making their Christmas cards...sorry...). So much expectations and social obligations these days!
Every year, by the time it is finally Christmas, I feel like I want to lock myself up with Mike and the kids and do nothing all day...just relax with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. Of course, this has a lot to do with all the extra working hours of my hubby in this month...
Still I try to make the best out of it every December, just to create happy Christmas memories for the kids. I decorate the house, daddy buys a tree with them and I decorate it with them. We buy some extra presents (like if they haven't been spoiled on the 5th allready!), we have a nice Christmasdinner. We make Christmas decorations. I prepare something for their Christmasdinner at school. I make some more time to play games with them, etc.
This 'double feeling' is what I tried to express with my layout. If you look at it you see happy pictures, surrounded by happy colors. If you look closer and read the journaling at the sides of the layout, you read my real Christmas feeling!
And last but not least: this month sponsor at AAM is Ronda Palazzari. I didn't know her yet but after I saw her work and her blog I was a fan! Go check it out! So I scraplifted one of her layouts!
And...all the black lines are handstitched...
Here is my layout:
I hope you like it!
Sandra
7 reacties:
Een heel leuke en toch vrolijke lo. Ik herken me zelf grotendeels in je verhaal. Het liefst blijf ik ook gewoon lekker thuis en doe niets. Het decoren en de boom opzetten vind ik wel leuk. En inderdaad... weer cadeautjes... En ook ik denk elk jaar, ik doe het anders. Ook mijn man maakt deze maand enorm veel uren, ook dat komt heel bekend voor. Kerst is voor iedereen anders. Als jij je lekker voelt bij hoe jij het doet, dan is dat het belangrijkste! In iedergeval weer een heel geslaagde lo!
Love it Sandra! The stitching, jounaling, colors....LOVE it all. I have mine done too for the AAM challenge...I'm hoping my new computer arrives before the deadline so I can share it too. :)
Love it, I love how you did the journaling and the stitching looks amazing. beautiful work
LOVE this... the grid format is perfect.. and the stitching is just the right touch!
Thanks for playing along :)
Absolutely stunning!! I just love it!
I like it Sandra
I love it... the clean lines and the grid...perfect!
Een reactie posten