I told you before how I admire mixed media artist
Traci Bautista and scrapping artist
Ronda Palazzari. These girls inspired me to start this mini-album. The idea for the mini-album came from Ronda. She made one herself with the theme TIME. Every week she scrapped a photo based on this theme, using one simple formula. I loved it! You can read all about it
here. I decided to make one too, although not based on one theme..I'm not so good at that...so I decided I wanted to scrap one picture each week by using one word, starting in the first week in 2010. The album needed a back and front of course and Traci inspired me for these. I used her digital papers and printed the parts that I liked on white cardstock. I cut the printed papers in smaller pieces and collaged a piece of chipboard in the size of the album. I used decoupage glue for this. It was a sticky mess while working with it, because I used also my fingers to spread the glue and get rid of all the bubbles and curly edges. So, don't try this with small kids around! It is hard to correct them with glue all over your hands and on the table...
This is the front and back on the outside:
And this is on the inside:
I can't wait to start filling the album!
And I got so inspired while doing this, wondering how she created all these funky, colorful designs that I bought her book yesterday:
I hope it is here before Christmas!
Have a nice day.
Sandra
2 reacties:
Hoewel dit niet helemaal mijn stijl is, vind ik het een zeer funky album! De buitenkant en de binnenpagina's ziet er echt gaaf uit. So far, so good! Ben heel benieuwd naar het eindresultaat. Maar ik ben dan ook gek op mini-albums!
great beginning. looks like you've been doing mixed media all your life! awesome book to get started with (i have this one too). have fun!
Een reactie posten