It was not because I wasn't creating...I just didn't have anything to show you. But now I have!!!
I have been busy with art journaling last week. I was completely inspired by the collage technique. Cutting out faces, letters, funny patterns to create borders, arms and legs, etc. During my daily bloghop I discovered a great blog, named Pringle Hill Studio, loaded with lots and lots of great art journal pages. I was so inspired I wanted to try something like that too!
I decided to create a new art journal as well. I was working in a old book but somehow I got a bit irritated. I didn't like taping the pages together, not having a flat white background (despite the bookpages and the gesso) and it didn't work very relaxing with a thick book.
Now I cut some thick quality sketchbook paper (180gr) to a size of 15x21 cm. I found a leather notebook with a metal binding inside on the bottom of my stash, so now I can create my pages and put them in the notebook afterwards...which explains the holes on the left side of my pages.
Here they are:
Did you notice she is 'wearing' a lamp?!
Funny detail: her handbag was originally a powder puff! I made a bag out of it by attaching a strap...lol!
A little bit of 'how-to-do' a page like this: I painted my background first, with acrylic paint, using the scraping-with-an-old-creditcard technique. I created the art dolls by mixing up faces, body's, shapes etc. These little pieces were all cut out from magazines: glossy's like Elle and Vogue, but also VT Wonen, Flow etc. I created the borders with colorful pieces of patterns I found in the magazines.
To finish the page I doodled with paintmarkers (mainly black and white) and some Sakura glaze pens.
I used my Neocolor II pastels to create some shades.
(I forgot to make a picture before I started the doodling..will show you next time when I work on a new page!)
I would love to hear if you like my art journal pages!
TFL.
Sandra


3 reacties:
super gaaf!!!
Wauw, wat super gaaf is dit zeg, 'k zou het zelf ook wel eens willen uitproberen.
groetjes,
Wiebine
Het zijn zeker weer heel gave uitwerkingen, Sandra! Weer een feest om naar te kijken! Zo leuk al die kleurige en grappige details!
Groetjes,
Sandra
Een reactie posten