Welcome to Sandra Scrap Creaties!

zondag 13 februari 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is Valentine's Day! A day spent by lying on the doormat, waiting for the mailman to arrive with bags full of letters from all my anonymous admirers! Wow, wouldn't that be great if it was true? (LOL)
I made some Valentine's projects last week and decided to do a Valentine's blogpost to celebrate love!
Here is a mixed media collage page in my art journal:
Yes, I know...kind of twisted but that's me...sometimes...!
The background is painted with acrylic paint and stamped with bubblewrap. The images are all magazine cut outs, except for the horror-head. This came from a digital Halloween kit.

The second one is a zentangle I made for The Dutch Zentangle Group on Flickr. I made it a few weeks ago and decided to share it with you on this special day:

I'm very proud of this zentangle. When I started with the heart I had no idea what to do with it. Than I thought of the zipper I used on one of my layouts recently and this was my starting point: I drew the zipper in the heart. I added the flowers and when I started thinking about which zentangle patterns to use on my heart, the idea to this heart came to life. It has become a very symbolic heart to me! I love how it all came together in one zentangle: hurt but still there, alive, happy and light! I think I want to frame this one and hang it on the wall!

And last but certainly not least, my latest journal page...finished this morning during breakfast!
I made it for the love of my life...my dear husband Michael.
It is a page in my watercolor art journal, which is normally a landscape sized journal. I turned it 90 degrees and now I had a very long page...40cm long and 14 cm wide! I was inspired by the stamps of Stampotique, the ones of Daniel Torrente and Jill Penney. I LOVE these stamps!!! But unfortunately I can't afford them right now...so I decided to copy the image of the stamp by sketching it in my art journal. I stretched Supergirl all the way over my long page. I traced my pencillines with a Micron pen and filled the page with my Neocolor watersoluables.
Happy Valentine's Day, dear hubby!!!

TFL!
Sandra

3 reacties:

Unknown zei

I love these stamped images by Daniel Torrent as well and are great to include in art journal pages. Your style is so inspirational, love your blog.

Sandra zei

Stuk voor stuk weer geweldige uitwerkingen!!! Ik vind het zo goed hoe jij iedere keer weer iets orgineels weet te maken. Zowel voor het art-journalen als het zen-tanglen. Je mag met recht trots zijn op jezelf, Sandra!

Groetjes,
Sandra

Marjolijn van Elsberg zei

Sandra ze zijn weer prachtig maar ik ben vooral onder de indruk van je hart. Wat mooi dat je al de facetten van je leven in een hart kunt weergeven. Prachtig getekend ook. deze verdient het om ingelijst te worden.

Een reactie posten