Welcome to Sandra Scrap Creaties!

vrijdag 8 januari 2010

Creative Scrappers #85: You color my world

My second layout for a sketchblog this week..this time for Creative Scrappers. And if I may say so, I have been SO creative it scares me!
The frequent followers of my blog know that I'm a big fan of mixed media artist Traci Bautista and that I bought her book 'Collage Unleashed' recently. I read the book from the front to the back and the other way round. There was so much inspiration in it! Of course, I simply don't have the talents and the possibilities to even come close to Traci with my artwork, but I just started and let the paint flow....
Where Traci has a big studio for herself where she can create without being disturbed or without any fear of splashing paint on an expensive floor or dinnertable, I have certain limits unfortunately. (Hey, everybody needs to have dreams, right? One of mine is such a studio! My own tiny scraproom here in the house will do also...) I took al the acrylic paint I had, about four white pieces of paper and dripped three different colors of paint on them. Then I started scraping the paint with an old creditcard. After that I stamped with bubble wrap in other contrasting colors. I also made a stamp by using some textured wallpaper. At the end I tried to doodle some words but that didn't turn out the way I wanted. Guess I still need some practice on that part...
The great thing is that you just cut up your painted papers (after drying of course) and you can just use the pieces you like! And that is what I did with the colored papers on this layout:

I stitched all the pieces on white cardstock and I cut out the letters for the title from other pieces of my painted papers.
This is only one technique I used after reading Traci's book. I'm still collecting stamps, textured papers and everything that might help me! I also love her technique with dyed paper towels and I so love her doodles!!
So that is for another time..but I'm so happy about how my layout has turned out.
I hope you like it too!

Sandra

1 reacties:

Sandra zei

I do like it! Ik vind dit een echte "Sandra"! Je hebt echt al een heel herkenbare stijl. Hij is weer heel gaaf geworden! Wat een werk nog, zeg! Maar het resultaat mag er dan ook duidelijk zijn!

Groetjes,
Sandra

Een reactie posten