Welcome to Sandra Scrap Creaties!

zondag 17 januari 2010

Sketchy Thursdays: February GDT Challenge

On the blog of Sketchy Thursdays is an extra challenge: the winner will be their guest designer in February! I love this blog, although I only was able to do only one challenge yet. They have great sketches and great sponsors! This is my second entry..for the GDT spot of course:



Except that you had to follow their sketch, your layout had also to be 'vintag-y'. The frequent readers of my blog know that I'm so NOT into vintage! It is just not my style. But hey, you know me...it is just an extra challenge for me!! So I collected all my vintage supplies and just started...
The green patchwork on the background is handstitched! It took me three evenings this week to get it done. I was afraid to use my sewing machine because that is not really my friend...After I finished the patchwork I had lots of fun layering the ribbon and the flowers and than...no inspiration! Couldn't think of a title, didn't know what story to tell...So I made the previous Icefun-layout first and than I looked at my unfinished one again...And I knew what to do. Today I finally finished my layout! But if this means that I will ever do another vintage one again...I think I just found one of my limits...Still, I'm more than satisfied with my layout! Especially because of the work that was in it...but there were just as much sighs and muttering....

Sandra

4 reacties:

Sandra zei

OH WAUW!!! Wat is ie gaaf geworden zo! He-le-maal perfect. En wat een prachtig gedichtje. Het past zo mooi bij de foto. En nogmaals... die border van bloemen, roosjes etc. is super!

Groetjes,
Sandra

Jans zei

Wow! You have such great work! love it!:)

Unknown zei

congrats sandra! this layout is beautiful.

Astrid Zwaan zei

Gefeliciteerd meid, verdiend gewonnen!!!!
Wat een prachtige kleuren dit zo goed overeenkomen met de foto.
Toppie!!!!

Een reactie posten