Welcome to Sandra Scrap Creaties!

donderdag 9 september 2010

Scrapfever challenge: Create Art every day.

Scrapfever is having a scraplift challenge right now. I cannot show you the layouts which were the examples for the scraplift, but the one and only restriction were to use at least 9 cards/tags/pieces of paper (same size).
So I started with a piece of canvas, which I covered with pieces of painters tape (to add more dimension) and gesso. Than I painted the canvas roughly with turquoise paint, with a big brush, so the white was still showing. I stamped red circles, colored these with purple paint and also stamped some tulips and with bubble wrap. I used the back of my paintbrush to add some soft pink dots. Finally I added some black and white lines with my markers.
I cut the canvas in little pieces of 7x5cm and sticked some japanese washi tape pieces on them. (The stripes and dots in black and white.)
I took a white piece of cardstock and sprayed two rectangles, also 7x5 cm, in the middle with pink glimmermist (color S.W.A.K.). I splashed some black paint as well on the cardstock.
After I attached the pictures and the pieces of canvas I stitched some extra freestyle accents with yellow thread. I stitched around the layout with some red thread.
The title was printed first and than cut out. The colored flowers were in my stash for years and now they fit perfectly! I only added some white accents with a marker.
The journaling says: While daddy is sleeping in the sun, you decorate his arm with paint and clay. Afterwards followed your own face...You had a great time!

Here it is:
And some details:



TFL!
Sandra

4 reacties:

Margot zei

MOOI!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra zei

Inderdaad heel erg mooi! Weer enorm veel werk maar wat een prachtige layout is het geworden! En ook nog eens erg leuk! Dat snoetje van Laura! En Mike heeft er vast een mooi tattoo aan overgehouden;)!

Groetjes,
Sandra

Marjolijn van Elsberg zei

Geweldig Sandra, wat een kleurrijke inzending is dat geworden, en wat een werk. Leuk die tape en je bloem!!! Jij blij dat er nog wat tijd bij kwam.Succes met de wedstrijd!!!

Ps, ik ben begonnen met het albumpje maar alles ligt even stil vanwege de grote verhuizing hier. Mijn handen jeuken maar ik ben alles aan het uitsorteren, misschien ga ik, heel ondeugend toch even wat kaartje maken.

Regan zei

WOW!! What an adorable layout! I love all the different techniques you used and the layout of the page is great! The colors are a lot of fun! This is a beautiful creation! With your talent you really should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com they are offering a lot of prizes right now too! Oh and they post all of their challenges weeks in advance to give crafters a head start!

Regan

Een reactie posten