Welcome to Sandra Scrap Creaties!

woensdag 5 januari 2011

Art Journal Every Day: Update!

Art Journal Every Day has started! Last Friday Julie Balzer had an amazing blogpost to start this journey, loaded with ideas to spend 10 minutes a day in your art journal.
I was so lucky to be able to spend more than 10 minutes each day and created a lot of journal pages!
I work in three different art journals now.
The first one is a book with watercolor paper, sized 20 x 14 cm. It is a landscape size. So far..I love it!
I spend my 'more than 10 minutes' by painting backgrounds, adding small collages of magazine cut outs and writing down quotes.
Here a the pages I have finished so far. And 'so far' has a double meaning: I think these pages are finished now, but it might happen that I come back later and add an extra layer or some doodles...

The first page:
My personal reminder to focus on playing in my art journal and forget every rule!
And the next one:
A spread, with some collage art.

My second art journal I'm working in is my January Daily.
You can read more about it here.
The album is completely inspired by Ingrid Dijkers. Her journal 'Over the Edge' is awesome!

This is what it first looked like:
The last few weeks I spend some time on painting all the pages, decorating some edges and adding some small collages of magazine cut outs. I'm still thinking what to do with the cover. Probably this will be one big collage or so...
I finished day 1 to 4:
( I blurred some of the journaling because of privacy reasons...sorry.)

(Day 1 has a front and a back side.)



(This page has a folded curly shaped flap.)

And then there is my third art journal. It is a spiral bound A4-sized sketchbook. I always glue two pages together to create a firm page, so it won't tear and to prevent the paint for going right through it.
I love the big size of this one when I'm creating collages. I often start with a big picture with the size of a magazine and build up my collage from there.

This is the page I did this week:
I painted the background a few weeks ago. Because I always work on the dinner table, with a three-year-old running around the house, I have to plan my painting sessions! During these painting sessions I cover the table with a big piece of plastic, make a plate with paint for my daughter and one for me and than we paint till the paint is all over the table...and on our fingers and clothes...and in our hair...(lol).
Laura found out about the monoprint technique all by herself last time. She created lots of paintings by simply pressing her paper on the plate with paint first and using it as a stamp to paint other papers. Because she had lots of colors on her plate the results were beautiful. We used all her papers to wrap the home-made christmas presents (...and I forgot to take a picture....)!
I'm planning to do a weekly update on my Art Journal Every Day every Wednesday.

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with a link to my debut on regional television. For my dutch readers: tomorrow, the 6th of January at 13.30h, RTV Utrecht will broadcast a little portrait of me and my scrapbook-obsession. The program is called 'Gewoon Doen' and it is about people with a passion...and yes, mine is scrapbooking! Well, it was at the time they interviewed me in November last year...please don't tell anyone that I'm a little bit more passionate about art journaling right now...lol!

TFL!
Sandra

7 reacties:

Corinne zei

Stuk voor stuk prachtig! Leuk om te lezen, maar vooral geweldig om naar te kijken:)

Groetjes,
Corinne

Ilse hobbelen zei

Ook hier super!!! ik vind die van over the edge vind ik grandioos, ik wil daar ook snel aan beginnen. nu alleen de tijd nog haha.

Scrappiness zei

Geweldig, wat kleurrijk en fantasievol. Ga zo door!!!!

Marjolijn van Elsberg zei

Nu heb ik toch de start al gemist, ik dacht dat ze vrijdag pas begon. Jij bent al lekker op weg.
Mag ik vragen welke vooral witte stiften jij gebruikt?
Je werk is weer geweldig Sandra, toch schemert er een stukje perfectionisme in doot, maar mij stoort dat heleamaaaaaaal niet! Daarom is jouw werk zo mooi en leuk om naar te kijken.(vind het mooier dan dat van Julie) Ik vind het prachtig, goed dat je die regel bovenaan je pagina hebt geplaatst.

Jenneke zei

Wat GE-WEL-DIG, Sandra!!!!!! Weet echt niet wat ik anders zeggen moet, je werk is helemaal TOP!!! De kleuren, de grappige illustraties, echt super!
Maar wat jammer, want ik heb je tv-debuut gemist... :-(
Misschien op TV Utrecht's Uitzending Gemist???? Ga 't snel even proberen!

Groetjes, Jenneke

Ingrid Dijkers zei

Whoa! Beautiful pages! Journaling is so much more fun than scrapbooking, isn't it?
Groetjes,
Ingrid

Sandra zei

Kan het nog beter, gaver, mooier? Jeetje, Sandra!
Wat een prachtwerk heb je weer gemaakt! Elke keer kijk ik met verbazing naar je werk. Zo ontzettend gaaf! Hoe krijg je het toch steeds weer voor elkaar? De kleuren, de journaling, de plaatjes... Geweldig! En ik sluit me helemaal aan bij "Scraplijn"... Je werk is zoveel mooier dan dat van Julie, maar dat is persoonlijk natuurlijk;)

Groetjes,
Sandra

Een reactie posten