Thanks to Sandra, who told me about a great blog she found I re-discovered These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...also known as TAAFOMFT. They are having their one year anniversary right now, celebrating it with a big challenge with even bigger prizes!
This was my first time I played along...but I will certainly try to do this more. I'm not very good in scrapping about myself, so that will be a big challenge. But maybe necessairy too...scrapping is not only about my family but also about me! I really need to remind that more often!
Ok..enough of this self reflection...back to the challenge...The challenge was to scrap about your favorite shoes. Unlike lots of other women I totally don't have anything with shoes...or fashion...If I could I would wear my jeans, a sweater and some sneakers every day. I don't have a favorite pair of shoes! Then suddenly I thought of a quote I had read long time ago and have never forgotten:
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same...
and so my layout was inspired on this quote. I scrapped the shoes of my hubby and kids!Here it is:
I felt like doing something funky...using paint and get dirty!
I cut white cardstock into four squares and painted all of them in different colors, using the 'scraping-with-creditcard-technique' and the 'stamping-with-bubble-wrap-technique'. Than I tore the squares into smaller pieces, stamped words on it and collaged these in the shape of a heart. I stitched the heart on craft cardstock. I cut the backpocket of an old jeans and painted a shoe print on it. The title is inspired by Kathleen Glossop. She often uses lots of different fonts creating long titles. I love it! The word 'footprints' in the title is inspired by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. She writes her titles on cardstock -...in her own handwriting! Who needs an expensive Cricut?!...- and cuts out the words.
Of course I needed some footprints, running over my heart, so I googled for an image of a footprint, printed these a few times, cut these out and attached these with foamtape across my heart.
The quote is written in a border along the edges of the layout. Being a perfectionist I grabbed my alfabet mask first, but then I remembered I needed to journal more in my own personal handwriting...so I did!
TFL!!!
Sandra
7 reacties:
Wat een gave uitwerking voor de challenge! De quote is prachtig waarop je je verhaal hebt geinspireerd! En leuk dat je zoveel verschillende technieken hebt gebruikt! Wat ben jij toch een geweldig veelzijdige scrapster!
Groetjes,
Sandra
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! Sandra!! I am sooooooooooooooooo excited U found us again and even MORE EXCITED that U played along!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! This is AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that heart, the COLORS, the QUOTE....the title work!!! WOW WOW WOW!! U rocked it!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Sandra, wat een GEWELDIGE layout!!! Echt zo super origineel!!! Dat hart is prachtig, de tekst is zo toepasselijk!! En de manier waarop je de titel gemaakt hebt is ook super!! Goh, ik ben blij dat je besloten hebt met ons mee te spelem! Dankjewel!!
En nog gefeliciteerd met the Color Room!!
XXXJenneke
very, very cute!!!! love the fun and funkiness! great title work!
Very cute layout and I so agree with your quote. Thanks so much for playing with us. Hugs,Amy
Wow..dit is echt ontzettend gaaf!!
Prachtig hoe je het hart mozaiek hebt gemaakt met verf en stempels, wat een super idee!En de titel is geweldig!Leuk hoe je de fave schoenen hebt verwerkt, erg origineel!!
Heel erg bedankt voor het meedoen met ons!!
I love your take on this...esp your handwriting! Gorgeous. Good luck with the challenge!
Een reactie posten