The ninth colorpalette at The Color Room was up last week..time flies! Up till now I managed to do them all. Some of them were really difficult, some of them were more my colors. And I must say..after last week's honour, seeing my layout featured there the whole week...it was tough to create another masterpiece...which I didn't! This week I had the perfect colors in my stash, but unfortunately too many non-scrap things to do. Still, I found some time to create a cover for my notes and adressbook.
This was the colorpalette:
And here is my quilted cover:
After seeing the colorpalette I directly thought of the scraps of quilt fabric, which I bought years ago. They were perfect for this palette! In between all my appointments this week I stitched the scraps together, some by hand, some with my machine. This afternoon..one of the quiet ones this week...I wrapped the little quilt around my adressbook and pimped it with some ribbons and tiny fabric roses. The word 'notes' is cut out from a piece of white leather and handstitched on the front.
I will certainly not do anything like this again...I love the results but all that stitching and 'fabric thing' is not for me...I rather have paper and glue! But I wouldn't have known this if I hadn't tried it, right?
TFL!
Sandra

3 reacties:
Ik vind hem leuk geworden! De stofjes zijn zo vrolijk! Leuk ook hoe je de titel hebt gemaakt. Zo zie je maar weer hoe je van een saai adresboekje iets moois kan maken!
Groetjes,
Sandra
Dank je wel voor je berichtje op mijn blog! :)
Ik vind je kaftje echt super mooi! Helemaal mijn kleurtjes!
omg wow this is so beautiful sandra!
Een reactie posten